The recent business era is about powerful Content but there are still strategies that can boost your reach. You need to have a tactical plan of attack for collecting the audience.
Once you have a clear idea of what platform you're going to be on, you also have an idea of what you're going to be posting — It's time to put it all together.
Now, how is that going to work? Keep Calm and continue reading! I am here to assist you with the best strategies that you can adapt for better content marketing.
So pull out your notepad and highlight these three questions to answer;
Three key, basic but extremely important questions to ask yourself as you're putting your strategy and your plan together.
You need to know and have a clear idea of what you're gonna post, how frequently you're going to post it when you're going to post it, and how you're going to measure it.
I recommend starting with a frequency when it comes to long-form content of once a week. For example, Posting one new video every Wednesday at 10 a.m on your youtube channel, and on your website. Maybe it's Friday morning at 9: 00 a.m.
You're always required to put out a post at a specific time. That will be a specific time where you want to commit.
You have to double down and say "okay, I have tried other ways in the past and it has not worked for me. Now I have to be consistent".
You have to commit to a date and a time that's consistent. Week in or week out, rain or shine no matter what; it is non-negotiable.
Even if you just have to create something short and simple, you have to put it out every single week.
If that's serving you and you can track the progress the third question arrived which is how are you going to measure success?
What does success mean to you? Do you need to be tracking views, or clicks? Do you need to be tracking engagement?
Of Course you want to be tracking sales. Is the visitors actually turning into leads and paying customers?
You should have a system even if it's as simple as just asking every single customer how they found you. Just as simple as that. It's the most basic way.
If you still find this difficult, here is a real life example.
Kimberly is an entrepreneur and she did the same. She tracked over 23 thousand dollars from facebook alone just by asking the customers a simple question, "Hey, where did you find us?"
So if she can track $23, 000 first month in business just by asking the customers, you can do it too.
Obviously, there's more advanced tools and strategies that you can leverage like 'Google analytics'. It will tell you exactly what kind of content people are consuming on your website. Also it will demonstrate where the customers are coming from in terms of social media platforms and good stuff.
So if you're part of the business lounge membership, we have an entire piece of information written to our website that you want to deploy and leverage.
The fourth pillar is to monetize your content. This is the part that I'm extremely passionate about. Remember I talk about profitability over popularity all time.
So how are you going to monetize, or how are you going to make money from the content that you are creating?
You need to remember that there's an art and a science to selling on social media with content marketing.
Firstly, make sure that you're looking for ideas and modeling what's already working for other people who specifically use the platform that you selected. Maybe you're doing blogging, video, instagram, or pinterest. You need to figure out what's already working for other people and then apply it to your own business.
I know that sounds way more complicated than you think, but it isn't if you pay attention, you will find the ways to promote.
Now, a general rule of thumb is you've got to share what you do. Numerous content creators make this epic mistake of only focusing on content creation instead of focusing on the serving and selling process.
You need to ask yourself, "How can we serve the content to the audience and then ask for the sale".
In that case, you have to follow the 80-20 rule. So 80%of the time 80% of your posts should have extreme value to them. The number one objective for those posts is to build awareness and relationship. On the other side, 20% of the time you should go all out sharing your product.
Use your content as a place where you can showcase your amazing products, programs and services. Maybe you share a demo of your product or send someone an invitation to a master class where you can then add even more value to them and then pitch them on your product.
Through this post, I want to make sure that you're following along and seeing how all the pieces of content marketing connect into one cohesive plan.